UT Philosophy putting on a good show at the annual Tennessee Philosophical Association meeting
UT Philosophy is putting on a good show at the annual Tennessee Philosophical Association meeting. In addition to Jason Fishel's paper on coercion and its effects on knowledge of the divine (noted in an earlier news item), the following graduate students are also on the program presenting original research:
- John Regan, "A Dilemma for Plantinga"
- Mark Minuk, "How Not to be a Moral Particularist"
- Greg Bock, "Irrational Surrogates and Religiously Based Medical Decisions"
- Also on the program is professor Jon Garthoff, presenting his paper "Worldview Adoption as a Special Psychology."
- Finally, UT PhD and now faculty member at UT -Chattanooga John Fitzpatrick will present his paper "John Stuart Mill and the Greeks." All in all a good showing by UT Philosophy.